A sale is the best profession to choose. No matter you are highly educated or not if you love to meet new people and you know how to convince a person then this the profession you should look for. The opportunities are endless there is no barrier of industry you can choose any industry of your choice earning potential is endless. No matter you are in to Job or business Sales is the driving force of an organization.
But People in sales think that if they can force people to buy their products they can achieve good sales figure… WRONG. Most of the times your customer got irritated by your pushy behavior . There are some points to keep in mind to be a good sales man .
- KISS : “Keep it short and simple” Your sales pitch should be short and simple and easy to understand. If you are going to a meeting try to build up relationship rather than straight away pitching your product.
- 90% conviction 10% communication : Sales is always about conviction. How convince you are with your product? If you are not convinced with your own product you can’t sell that product.Sales is all about transferring your conviction and enthusiasm to your customer. Communication is important in terms of your explanation … a convinced person is a far more better sales man than a person only having good communication skills.
- Attitude : Your attitude plays a very important role in a sales pitch. You should be confident in your approach rather than pushy. If you are selling something that doesn’t mean you are small you have to show your customers that he also needs that product. You are a survivor for him. Attitude doesn’t mean you should be rude or misbehave but keep a good attitude don’t degrade yourself.
- Target Audience : You should know your target audience . People how can be interested in your product. Identify customers / group / community / area where your product is useful.
- Become a Gap Partner : Either solve a problem of a person or help him achieve his goal by your product. Until and unless your product is either solving a customer problem or helping him achieve his goal he is not interested in your product.
- Create Value : Always try to create a value in your product / services. People love surprises try to surprise him by giving him something extra than your competitors . Always try to create an edge over your competitors.